Thursday, February 1, 2018

How to Motivate Troubled Teens, From a Former Foster Child by Dr. Cassondra Cookie Humphrey

How to Motivate

Image source: https://image.slidesharecdn.com/motivation2-130316094438-phpapp02/95/rewards-for-motivating-employees-and-global-implications-7-638.jpg?cb=1363427117

Four. Value Education

I am grateful that at this point in my life I am all set to travel to better share my ideas and inspiration. We visit college and university campuses, juvenile and correctional programs, and leadership conferences. My team has also been shriveled for nonprofit, state, and federal programs.

In addition to those areas of focus, we also stress the importance of communication and teamwork. Communication on a personal level translates to success on a business level. We teach anger management and life abilities to teenagers who have problems with attitude and self-respect. We encourage and put mutually all of our participants, child and parent, to pursue college educations.

2. Counseling Workshops

6. Communication

Over the years, I have designed and produced successful programs and parties for national corporations as neatly as community organizations. As so many solid things do, I began small. The conferences and workshops grew as I gained confidence and enjoy. I began by visiting schools and mentoring individual college students. Now, I work with my team to benefit from the new opportunities being offered each day. We still visit schools and mentor individual college students, but we also supply programs for individuals of all ages, particularly tailored to the tournament.

I wrote All Cookies ain't Sweet with all this in mind. I share my story to provide teenagers and suffering adults that there are options and that we are the authors of our destiny and that even though it's true that all cookies aren't exactly sweet, we control how they crumble. There are many opportunities in this life that someone may pass up because they feel as if they are unworthy or incapable of reaching a wonderful position. I, too, have felt unworthy and incapable at the different points in my life. Now, I help others overcome their problems by providing them with the instruments that helped me succeed.

1. Job Corps

5. Self Discovery

Many years after graduating from the Job Corps software program, I took advantage of another opportunity that came my way. I began my career in counseling operating at the very identical web page where I gained my footing. At Westover Jobs Corps Center, I threw every ounce of my energy into learning all I ought to about the way the software program worked. I worked closely with the human assets, education, career development, dorm life, and the recreational aspects of the center. My job as a motivational speaker grew from the aggregate of my work enjoy and my life enjoy.

My first authentic eye-opening enjoy was with Westover Job Corps Center in Chicopee, Massachusetts. It was here that I learned what was needed to achieve business and in life. I learned the education, vocational, and life abilities that would form the basis of my work ethic. I committed the Job Corps motto to heart: "Success Lasts a Lifetime with Job Corps."

No topic where any of us begin, we sooner or later elect the type of life we lead. In my memoir All Cookies ain't Sweet, I share my story as a child growing up in the care of social providers and products and the trials and tribulations of such an upbringing. My formative years were anything but a cakewalk, though it's this tumultuous past that fuels my life's passion to help children within foster care and social service systems excel. I now travel around the area as a motivational speaker sharing my reviews and ideas with teens, college college students, business leaders, and community members.

With the success of my team, we always protect our areas of focus. We encourage teenagers to heighten their motivation and work through their screw ups. We teach them self-discovery to help them avoid gangs and gang-related violence. My team presents incentives for student leadership by teaching the faculty students to set individual long-term and brief-term goals. Our original method of incorporating father and mother into our sessions presents lasting results.

3. Share Experiences

It brings me joy when I can offer guidance to troubled teens who are experiencing related eventualities in the foster care system. I was now not always the confident businesswoman you see prior to you immediately. I struggled to make my way in the area, and through fate and determination have taken advantage of multiple opportunities prolonged to me.

Acquire Financial Expertise for Your Bootstrapped Business

Image source: https://2012books.lardbucket.org/books/modern-management-of-small-businesses/section_14/14544f693386097299a4062e02bc7eb3.jpg A...